Reading between the lines
What do you need to be aware of that is being discussed at the meeting on Wednesday night, Feb. 27?
1. Public announcements include a reminder about the open City Council position and that the Rancho Cotati Little League 2013 season has started. For little league, there will be Opening Day festivities on April 6, starting at 8 a.m. in La Plaza Park with a short parade to Cator Field.
2. A proclamation will be made recognizing that March is “Big Read” month in Cotati and Sonoma County. The Big Read is a national program designed to revitalize the role of literature in American culture.
3. It will be recommended that Jay West be appointed to fill one of the two open positions on the Design Review Committee filling the Landscape professional Role. The Design Review Committee is currently without two members, one to be filled by a person skilled in landscape design and the other an at-large position. They assist the Planning Commission.
4. The City Council will be asked to adopt a motion approving the Cotati Kids Day and Cotati 50th Anniversary Celebration.
5. There is a recommendation that the City Council adopts a motion that authorizes the City Manager to execute a maintenance agreement between the city and the North Coast Rail Authority.
There will be a few a few other issues covered as well. The entire agenda is available at the City of Cotati’s website. City Council meetings are open to the public. They take place on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month starting at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chamber within City Hall, located at 201 West Sierra Avenue.